PUC Employment Opportunities | previous page
Position: Utility Analyst
Agency: South Dakota Public Utilities Commission
Location: Pierre, S.D.
Salary: $55,000 or more, depending on experience
Closing Date: May 27, 2014
Research, analyze, write and orally present findings on utility dockets filed with the South Dakota Public Utilities Commission. The analyst must be able to provide thorough research on specific electric, telecommunications and natural gas utility matters, including requesting specific information from utilities on service, rates and contract agreements. Position represents the PUC at various meetings and events involving utility industry, government agencies and constituents. Must be able to work in an accurate and timely fashion. Selected candidate will begin in July. Position is located in Pierre, S.D.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
Bachelor's degree is required, preferably in economics, business, accounting or related field.
- proper English usage; and
- professional and technical writing experience.
- excellent research and analytical capabilities;
- excellent comprehension of high-level economic and accounting principles; and
- excellent oral presentation skills.
- research and comprehend technical matters and codified laws;
- write concise briefs outlining recommendations within tight deadlines;
- be proficient in the use of applicable office and accounting computer software programs;
- research, create and provide thorough written analysis;
- effectively organize and prioritize multiple projects and responsibilities with overlapping deadlines;
- be self-motivated;
- travel and work evenings and weekends as needed; and
- lift at least 40 pounds to load and unload equipment and supplies for meetings and events.
Submit a cover letter, resume and three references by email to email@example.com by 5 p.m. CDT, May 27, 2014.