Commission Action| previous page
Legislation passed in 2008 established a voluntary state renewable and recycled energy objective for retail providers of electricity. The objective states that 10 percent of all electricity sold at retail within South Dakota by 2015 be obtained from renewable energy and recycled energy sources. The legislation also required each provider to file an annual report with the Public Utilities Commission on the provider's energy sales. See South Dakota Codified Laws 49-34A-101 through 49-34A-106.
- Basin Electric Power Cooperative
- Black Hills Energy
- East River Electric Power Cooperative
- Grand Electric Cooperative, Inc.
- Heartland Consumers Power District
- MidAmerican Energy Co.
- Missouri River Energy Services
- Montana-Dakota Utilities Co.
- NorthWestern Energy
- Otter Tail Power Co.
- Rosebud Electric Cooperative, Inc.
- Rushmore Electric Coopeative, Inc.
- Xcel Energy