Miscellaneous | previous page
The South Dakota Public Utilities Commission will observe the following holidays in accordance with SDCL 1-5-1. Service to customers of investor-owned natural gas and electric utilities may not be disconnected on these dates as outlined in ARSD 20:10:20:06.
- New Year's Day (January 1) *
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (the third Monday in January)
- Presidents' Day (the third Monday in February)
- Memorial Day (the last Monday in May)
- Independence Day (July 4) *
- Labor Day (the first Monday in September)
- Native American Day (the second Monday of October)
- Veterans' Day (November 11) *
- Thanksgiving Day (the fourth Thursday of November)
- Christmas Day (December 25) *
* If these holidays fall on a Sunday, the following Monday will be observed as a holiday. If these holidays fall on a Saturday, the preceding Friday will be observed as a holiday.
Other days may be observed as holidays as appointed by the President of the United States or the Governor of South Dakota.