South Dakota Public Utilities Commission Meeting
December 7, 2010, at 9:30 A.M. CST
Room 413, Capitol Building
Pierre, South Dakota
NOTE: If you wish to join this meeting by conference call, please contact the Commission at 605-773-3201 by 5:00 p.m. CST on Monday, December 6, 2010. Lines are limited and are given out on a first come, first served basis, subject to possible reassignment to accommodate persons who must appear in a proceeding. Ultimately, if you wish to participate in the Commission Meeting and a line is not available, you may have to appear in person.
NOTE: To listen to the Commission Meeting live please go to the PUC's Web site www.puc.sd.gov and click on the LIVE link on the home page. The Commission requests persons who will only be listening to proceedings and not actively appearing in a case listen via the web cast to free phone lines for those who have to appear. The Commission meetings are archived on the PUC's Web site under the Commission Actions tab, Click on "Commission Meeting Archives," to access the recordings.
NOTE: Notice is further given to persons with disabilities that this Commission meeting is being held in a physically accessible place. If you have special needs, please notify the Commission and we will make all necessary arrangements.
AGENDA OF COMMISSION MEETING
1. Approval of the Minutes of the Ad Hoc Commission Meeting Held on November 16, 2010. (Staff: Stephanie Harmon)
1. Status Report on Consumer Utility Inquiries and Complaints Received by the Commission. (Consumer Affairs: Deb Gregg)
1. EL10-016 - In the Matter of the Application of Great River Energy and Northern States Power Company d/b/a Xcel Energy for a Permit to Construct a 10.6 Mile, 345 kV Transmission Line (CapX2020) in Brookings County Near White, South Dakota (Staff Analysts: Brian Rounds, Joshua Williams, Ross Pedersen, Chris Daugaard, Staff Attorneys: Karen Cremer, Ryan Soye)
On November 23, 2010, the Commission received an application from Great River Energy and Northern States Power Company d/b/a Xcel Energy for a permit to construct a 10.6 mile, 345 kV transmission line in Brookings County near White, South Dakota.
TODAY, shall the Commission assess a filing fee not to exceed $64,000 with an initial deposit of $8,000?
On November 30, 2010, the Commission received a filing by Otter Tail Power Company (Otter Tail) for approval to revise its tariffed Summary of Contracts with Deviations. The existing contract with the City of Gary expires on December 9, 2010. Otter Tail states the new agreement does not contain any deviations from Otter Tail's currently filed tariff and therefore requests that the reference to a contract with the City of Gary be removed from the Summary of Contracts with Deviations.
TODAY, shall the Commission approve the tariff revision?
1. TC10-098 - In the Matter of the Filing for Approval of a Type-2 Wireless Interconnection Agreement between Qwest Corporation and T-Mobile, USA, Inc. for the State of South Dakota (Staff Attorney: Kara Semmler)
On November 8, 2010, the Commission received a filing for approval of a type-2 wireless interconnection agreement between Qwest Corporation and T-Mobile, USA, Inc. for the state of South Dakota. Any party wishing to comment may do so by filing written comments with the Commission and the parties to the Agreement no later than November 29, 2010. Parties to the Agreement may file written responses to the comments no later than twenty days after the service of the initial comments. No comments were filed.
TODAY, shall the Commission approve the Interconnection Agreement?
Items for Commission Discussion
- Commissioners and staff will host an Energy Briefing for Legislators on Tuesday, November 30, 2010, at 5:30 p.m. CST in the Prairie Room at the Watertown Event Center, Watertown, S.D.
- Commissioners and staff will host an Energy Briefing for Legislators on Thursday, December 2, 2010, at 4:30 p.m. MST in the Enigma Room at the Radisson, Rapid City, S.D.
- Commissioners and Staff will meet with representatives of the South Dakota Electric Utility Companies on Monday, December 6, 2010, at 12:00 p.m. CST at the Associated General Contractors office in Pierre, S.D.
- Commissioners and staff will host an Energy Briefing for Legislators on Monday, December 6, 2010, at 7:00 p.m. CST in Room 413 at the State Capitol Building, Pierre, S.D.
- Commissioners and staff will meet with representatives of Qwest to discuss company updates and the Qwest-Century Tel merger on Tuesday, December 7, 2010, at 2:30 p.m. CST in Room 413 at the State Capitol Building, Pierre, S.D.
- Commissioners and staff will attend the South Dakota Telecommunications Association/Public Utilities Commission biannual forum December 13-14, 2010, in Sioux Falls, S.D.
- The next regularly scheduled commission meeting will be held Tuesday, December 21, 2010, at 9:30 a.m., CST, in Room 413 at the State Capitol Building, Pierre, S.D.
- The Public Utilities Commission offices will be closed Friday, December 24, 2010, in observance of Christmas.
- The Public Utilities Commission offices will be closed Friday, December 31, 2010, in observance of New Year's Day.
- Commission meetings are scheduled for January 4 and 18, 2011.
- Commissioners and staff will attend the annual Mid-America Regulatory Conference Commissioners Retreat, January 13-15, 2011, in San Antonio, Texas.
- An Open House for Legislators will be held on Wednesday, January 26, 2011, from 7:30 to 11:00 a.m., in the Commission's office at the State Capitol Building, Pierre, S.D.
/S/ Cindy Kemnitz
December 1, 2010